Set Up Project
All newly obligated award funds require institutional review and approval; acceptance of an award occurs only after the fund setup and backup is completed by NU-RES Administration and sent to NU-RES Finance to be processed.
- The Notice of Award (NoA) with newly obligated funds is received and tracking number assigned
- A congratulatory email is sent to PI with tracking number, requesting new budget and pertinent documentation, as applicable
- Advanced Account is created (when needed)
- Award Obligation Setup (AOS) form is created and backup compilation begins
- Award Package Three-Step Review takes place: GMA – GO – Associate Director
- GMA receives approved Award Package and sends to NU-RES Finance for Banner account setup
- Award is set up by NU-RES Finance and the status in tracking sheet is changed to complete
- Award Package is uploaded to COEUS and Shared Drive
Associate Director performs a preliminary review of the Award Package and routes setup instructions to the assigned Sponsored Account Analyst.
- NU-RES Finance receives award package from the GMA team
- NU-RES Finance Associate Director reviews award, completes Setup Data Sheet and Informational Form
- Award & Setup documentation routed to the assigned Sponsored Account Analyst (SAA)
- SAA creates Grant and Fund number(s) in banner, enters award data, and budget
- Banner account information emailed to PI/College, Grant Officer, Financial Analyst, and Budget Office (OFPSA)
*Setups are completed within 5 business days of receipt
Award Package is forwarded to NU-RES Finance mailbox: [email protected].
|Materials and Information Required
|Colleges may request at-risk accounts while an award is being negotiated but should be aware that expenditures incurred may not be allowed, dependent upon the final terms and conditions. Any unallowable expenditures will need to be transferred to a department/College account.
Prior to setup, need to confirm whether pre-award spending is allowed. Ensure that either:
|Administratively Initiated Requests (AIR)
|AIRs are advance accounts initiated by NU-RES upon receipt of a notice of award. Account allows PIs to incur costs while the compliance checks are being completed.
|Automatically initiated by NU-RES, no documentation from department is needed.
Last Updated on February 26, 2024