Resources related to U.S. export control laws and regulations that affect research and educational activities at Northeastern University.
Northeastern University engages in research and educational activities that may involve the development or use of products, goods, hardware, software, materials, or technology that may be subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. The U.S. government increasingly is focused on the compliance of universities with these laws and regulations. Northeastern is committed to complying with all applicable export controls, as established by the applicable federal regulations. It is critical that everyone in the Northeastern community understands the rules and complies with them fully. This web page is intended to be used by faculty, staff, and students as a reference.
- Northeastern University Policy on Export Controls
- provides guidance on export control laws and responsibilities, and links to resources.
- Northeastern University Policy on Openness in Research
- expresses the University’s commitment to avoid research with restrictions on openness or academic freedom on campus.
Related Tools & Resources
- Northeastern Export Control Compliance Manual
- Provides guidance and information on navigating the University’s export control program
- Decision Tree
- Provides guidance to determine if an export license is required
- Technology Control Plan Guidance
- Provides guidance to help faculty understand when a Technology Control Plan may apply to their project, as well as planning and management resources
- Provides high level information on export control
If you have any questions regarding export controls or believe that export controls may apply to your research project please contact [email protected] to arrange a consultation.
Last Updated on September 14, 2022
Report a Concern
Northeastern University strongly encourages any member of the community to report unethical or questionable conduct including concerns about research misconduct.